Tuesday, August 17, 2010

sweet moments with my little man

i shared a special moment with court today. i put beckham down for his morning nap and we were upstairs getting cleaned up (from sweating to death at the park at 8:00 AM). court and i were just about to go downstairs when he said, "mommy, read books in court's big boy bed." (melt my heart). so, i said - sure! and we spent the next 30-45 minutes laying in his big boy bed reading books together at 10:00 AM. we would read one, and then he would say "nother one" and run and pick out one more. it was my favorite part of my day today because it was something so simple and yet so meaningful. i know that there will come a day when he won't want to do things like that because he'll be too busy with his friends or he'll be "all grown up". this time i have with beckham and court goes by too fast. i still haven't figured out how to freeze time. 
i love being a stay at home mom. sure, i'm tired ALL the time and my house is NEVER clean enough. every day i think - i really need to get more organized and do a better job of keeping the house picked up. i've been guilty of trying to plan something to do with these "full of life" boys every day of the week so they can burn off some energy. but, i think i'm beginning to realize how important it is for us to have down time at home. i'm beginning to see that God opens up opportunities for me to spend REAL QUALITY time with court and REAL QUALITY time with beckham. and boy do i cherish that! i will take as much of that as i can get. court starts mother's day out 2 days a week at the end of august. it's a little bittersweet for me. while i KNOW that he will thrive in a class setting with a teacher and friends to learn and play with, i will also MISS him. but, it will give me some one-on-one time with my little man beckham which i also need. these boys are growing up WAY too fast. i can't wait to see what God has in store for them. 
here are some recent pics of my cute little men!



2 comments:

Misty said...

such great moments...i still grab ahold of those when they happen. your boys are precious!!

Unknown said...

Amen, sister!! I have found that being isolated from going places, just leaves time for snuggles and quality time with Jackson.
Thanks for calling us, sorry I haven't returned the calls. Hope to talk to you soon.
Love,
mel