my baby is 10 months old! ........ really?!?!?!
where has the time gone already? it seems like these months just fly by way too fast. one thing i know God is teaching me about parenthood is to rejoice in every single moment: good or bad. my time with this precious baby is so brief - i pray that i love him and lead him towards God's truth. i pray that i can invest in his little heart each and every day. i pray that i give him many opportunities to see Christ in my life and those all around us. if you think about it.... it's alot of work!! i can only pray for God's grace, guidance, and wisdom to guide me throughout my years on this earth with court. and i hope they are MANY!!! (rhett and i just did our wills.... so that is why i've been thinking about this so much!)
rhett and i were watching a television show yesterday and they were planning their 18 year old's birthday. i looked at rhett and said - we only have 18 birthdays to plan for court. oh - it made me so sad to think about. but, i know these next 18 years are going to be the most rewarding and most precious years of our lives. i can't wait!!! well actually, i can wait - i really want it to go in slow motion.
here are my TOP TEN favorites about court right now.
- he loves to wave bye-bye... really it's hello, bye-bye, hey you, look at me, etc....
- he is sleeping 11 - 11 1/2 hours at night! whooohoooo! maybe that should be my number 1!
- he can crawl and play and crawl some more all morning long. where does he get the energy? oh yeah - it's that 11 hours of sleep he just got!
- he is raising his arms up to us when we are near for us to pick him up. i just love that early in the morning.
- when i go get him from his nap, he is already sitting up and he starts bouncing and clapping. man - if i had that kind of reaction every time i walked into a room....... :)
- he loves to pull up on the dog gate and YELL at ruby. she just stares him down, but he continues to YELL at her
- he can completely empty "his kitchen cabinet". we have 1 cabinet that is not baby-proofed so he can get into it. it has all safe kitchen stuff in it. he crawls in and i see things flying out behind him. then, that's just 10 more things for me to pick up once he's asleep! :)
- he loves opening and closing all doors. he just gets a little upset when he closes one and i'm on the other side and he can't seem to find me......
- he LOVES his daddy!!! court is one lucky boy to have such an amazing daddy. rhett is so attentive to court, and is SO patient with him. he takes him all around the house "riding" on his tonka truck that nanny and grandad gave him for christmas. court's face just lights up every time rhett is around. rhett is a wonderful example of what a great husband should be and a great role model for court. if court grows up to be half the man rhett is, i will be so proud. i love you babe!
- court is STANDING by HIMSELF. it happened for the first time today in fact. he has been pulling himself up to his knees for a while, but today he pulled himself all the way up to a standing position by himself! won't be long now! :) i have a little video of it just for your amusement. be sure and pause the music on my blog before you push play. :)