don't you think court would make a great "hat" model?
this first six months of court's life sure has flown by. rhett and i talk daily about how blessed we are to have this little ray of sunshine in our lives. each day brings more giggles, more fun, and an indescribable amount of love. i don't want to miss one second of life with court. i'm trying to soak up every single moment and savor every little "look", "smile", "snuggle", and "kiss". yes, court gives kisses now - well, if you consider him opening his mouth as wide as he can and pulling your face as close as he can, a kiss. it's a little slobbery, but worth it every time!
God has given us one of the most amazing gifts, and i now understand His love for me even more now that i am a parent.
some of my favorite things about 6 months:
- court loves faces. he will pat your face, pull on your cheeks, feel your skin, and he loves to "study" all of your features
- court "hits" everything with his hands. he uses his right hand alot, but also his left. i'm calling it right now - i think he'll be a righty!
- i love how court is so full of laughter when the dogs are wrestling or playing
- court is now an expert at putting himself to sleep. we just lay him in his crib WIDE awake and he talks for a couple of minutes and is out like a light - no crying at all. now, this only happens if we put him down during his "sleep window". if we miss it, it's not that pretty.
- court tries SO hard to sit up by himself. if you lay him down, he wants to sit right up. he tries to "pull" himself up to a sitting position all the time - it won't be long until he can sit all by himself
- court LOVES, LOVES, LOVES any and all baby food. he hasn't met a food he hasn't liked so far - lets hope it stays that way. some of his favs right now are: avocado (we call it his own guacamole), pears, apples, bananas, squash, and peas
- court loves to suck on his piggies (toes). he likes them with or without socks - no preference really
- record 11 hour sleep one night last week- yes - you read that correctly! whooohoooo! i'm probably jinxing myself right now :). hopefully, it will continue
- court is "practicing" with a sippy cup filled w/water. i don't even know why we have to do this - i don't want him to be old enough for a sippy cup or a regular cup- EVER!!!