well, since "little mr." is almost 6 months old, i'd better hurry and make a 5 month post!! time is flying WAY too fast for me. i can't believe court is almost 1/2 year old! we have been blessed beyond belief by this ball of energy! i've always loved newborns because they are so tiny and sleepy and will just let you hold them all day. but i LOVE the non-newborn stage even more! court has new "tricks" every day! rhett went on a business trip to hawaii for 3 days and said that court looked longer and so much bigger to him when he came back. we were SO excited to have dad back!! we hung out at mimi & pop's house for the long weekend and had lots of fun playing. 5 things i LOVE about 5 months:
- court looks for me whenever i start talking. then, he gets a great big smile on his face. i just think that is the sweetest thing ever!
- he just loves to talk in the late afternoons: he'll coo, then wait for you to respond, then coo right back
- i love how he talks if he wakes up in the middle of the night. it is such a sweet, quiet sound, like he's just seeing if anyone else in the house is awake. although i would love for him to wait until daylight :)
- he curls in a ball when we hold him - i think that means "put me down", but i usually get a couple more "squeezes" in before i do
- i LOVE to watch him when rhett comes home. he has an ENORMOUS smile and just starts laughing and talking to rhett. it seems like he's saying - "where ya been all day?
ok - i've been trying to upload a video forever, but it's not working. hopefully, i'll figure that out sometime soon!! :) it is really cute!!!
until i can get the video on blogger, just click here to see it